The 15 scriptures to help you stay motivated and focused are scriptures you have come across countless times but I want you to always bear in mind that the words of God are not mere words.
Psalm 119:130 says, ‘’ The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple” (AMPC).
The word of God carries power and each time you come in contact with it, you receive fresh power, insight, knowledge, wisdom and solutions.
So many people do not benefit from the Word of God because of their approach towards it.
Faith and belief are key components that must be present for you to experience the potency of the Word of God.
I believe wholeheartedly in the Word of God and I have experienced its potency which has touched, blessed and transformed my life in no small measure.
If you believe in God. you must believe in His word.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, ‘’All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work’’ (ESV).
So many of people are deliberate and intentional about fulfilling their God given purpose but sometimes life happens and they get demotivated and distracted, fears and doubts sets in or they lose hope and become weary.
I am no exception. Every now and then I feel zapped out and in need of some sort of encouragement or motivation. I must acknowledge that I get the motivation, focus and strength to keep keeping on, to keep showing up even in the midst of it all from God’s Word.
And I am about to share with you some of the scriptures that really keep me going, that remind me of the faithfulness of God and His promises as well as who I am in Christ. They are as follows:
- But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31 ESV).
COMMENT: I am always reminded by this scripture that I need to stay consistently connected to God to have my strength renewed.
It reminds me that God can help me and teach me to refresh myself. Sometimes I wait on Him by having a quiet time with Him and shutting out from every other activity.
And at such times He shows me what I need to do per time to renew my strength.
- For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15 ESV).
COMMENT: It is so comforting to know that God understands all that we go through because He has experienced it all. It is also motivating to know that we can go through life and overcome every hurdle and obstacle just like Christ and even when we fail or fall we do not need to feel or stay condemned.
- God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day (Psalm 46:5 NIV).
COMMENT: With God on your side and within you, your victory is sure. You might face opposition, setbacks and trials but your morning will come; God will make sure of that.
- This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed (Habakkuk 2:3 NLT).
COMMENT: God’s promises never fail and His purpose for our lives will surely come to pass at the appointed time. This scripture encourages me to be patient, hopeful and not to give up on my dreams and purpose no matter my present circumstance.
- Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert (Isaiah 43:18-19 AMPC).
COMMENT: We are encouraged by God to leave the past behind and not continually dwell on our past failures, pain, hurt, setbacks, success and achievements but to keep pressing forward for more.
We are also reminded of the almightiness of God which makes impossible situations become possible. Therefore nothing limits me with God by my side.
And since we are His children, we are His heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17 NLT)
COMMENT: As children of God we are reminded of who we are. We are joint heirs with Christ Jesus. How wonderful to be heirs with Christ which makes us entitled to an inheritance.
I know my place and my entitlements in and from this world and so I pursue it expectantly because God who has promised is faithful.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).
COMMENT: God is our creator, He knows our end from our beginning and He has the map of our life in His hands. So we must humble ourselves under His mighty hand and seek His approval and blessings in all we do.
We must depend on His knowledge, direction understanding and not ours.
- Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8 KJV).
COMMENT: Our thoughts are powerful. They can either set us up for success or failure. This scripture is a constant reminder and a guide for us to think good thoughts at all times irrespective of our circumstance or feelings.
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease (Genesis 8:22 AMPC).
COMMENT: We are reminded that there is time for everything and most importantly there is a time to work hard, seize opportunities, and sow seeds of patience, diligence, consistency etc. so as to reap a harvest of success.
We need to make good use of the seasons of our life and by being timely in sowing right seeds so we can reap at the right time.
- Now every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things. They do it to win a wreath that will soon wither, but we [do it to receive a crown of eternal blessedness] that cannot wither (1 Corinthians 9:25 AMPC).
COMMENT: As we journey through life we must learn to create a balance in all we do. We must discipline our body, soul and spirit not to be greedy or egocentric. We must do all things moderately with Godly restrictions so that we do not get entangled with the ways of the world and lose focus of our goal or purpose.
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).
COMMENT: Whenever you feel uncertain and have doubts about your future, always remember that God has good plans for you and your future. It might not seem like it right now but believe, have faith and walk in obedience to his instructions and your glorious future will surely manifest.
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13 NKJV).
COMMENT: There is nothing that you need to do that you cannot do with God’s grace and strength. If God has placed it on your heart then you can accomplish it. Don’t let anything or anyone or even yourself limit you or stop you.
- For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10 NIV).
COMMENT: We are reminded that the main goal of our purpose is to do good works, which means as we pursue our purpose we must ensure to love, help and serve others along the way. We have all been created to do good works. No one is an exception and there is no excuse whatsoever.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV).
COMMENT: It is so comforting to know God can give us peace even in the most turbulent situations and we do not need to worry or panic at all because we have God as our anchor.
We need to learn to exchange our worries and fears with thanksgiving if we truly have faith and trust God.
- Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:1-2).
COMMENT: When we fix our eyes on Jesus we are able to overcome and avoid the temptation of sin. Fixing our eyes on Jesus through constant fellowship with him helps us to stay focused and motivated instead of getting easily distracted.
Do not stop reading, studying and meditating on The Word.
There is fresh insight, power and anointing each time you read The Word or each time you read the same verse or scripture.
Joshua 1:8 says, ‘’This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success (NKJV).’’
STAY ON THE WORD!